Lentils and Brown Rice
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bouillon cube (vegan, chicken or beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cove pan and simmer on low heat for 40 minutes.
4. Turn off heat, let sit 5 minutes covered, then fluff and serve.
It just dawned on me as I was typing up the recipe that I forgot to include the olive oil, which would explain why it turned out slightly dry (sigh). I served this with steak and baked sweet potatoes. It had a slightly sweet taste to it, which I'm assuming came from the carrots. My hubby and I liked it, although the girls turned their noses up at it. Oh well!!